[Investigating] PvP errors this week

Over the course of this week I have had 3 PVP errors. All 3 errors have occurred after pressing the battle button but before the battle starts. Due to the error occurring at this point your number of battles goes -1 but you don’t get the chance to do the battle again and therefore loose any potential rewards.

(It would also be good if this could be fixed so that errors at this point don’t loose 1x turns. AFAIK this happens for KD, PVP and seasonal battles)

Elite Silver

Open Silver

Open Silver

Passed these onto the team to follow up on these errors, all 3 are bringing up the same code.

In the meantime, which PvP tourney were these in also what’s your invite code?

IT’S SHAUN_OUGA

I’ve edited the original post to show which error occurred in which tourney.

Thank you!
Also, another question: is this happening every time you try and launch these tourneys or sometimes?
If only sometimes, do you notice it’s happening when wearing specific gear or against a specific opponent?

I did all 231 battles for the week and 3x times got errors. I may have made 0, 1 or 2 changes to my gear loadout over the entire week, and any change I made would have stayed until the end of the PvP week. As for opponents, no idea who they were either.

IIRC I got one error in the previous PvP week. Not really sure and no screenshot.

1 Like

My next error. In this case I changed my gear setup between one day and the next. I swapped a level 35 royal armour for a level 50 royal armour. My first battle of the day resulted in this error. I assume it was against igua7 as my last battle of the previous day and what became my second battle for the new day are the same people.

Open Tourney. No idea who against. No gear change, nothing else, just press the battle button and this came up very quickly after.

Open Tourney again. This one has a story to go with it. I pressed the battle button then straight after hit the app switch button on my phone (android) went to my podcast app and pressed play on a podcast. I then pressed the app switching button and went back to PQ3 and this error immediately popped up. It was against Necromasher.

Restricted Tourney. This one also has a story to go with it. Just after pressing to start the battle I had a small pop up on my screen saying the podcast has been deleted as my podcast app automatically deletes podcasts once I’ve listened to them. Straight after this error popped up. It was against igua7 again.

One more from this week with no funky app changes or anything. I battled Donpiky and won. I then selected Donpiky straight away without doing anything else at all and then the error came up. After restarting the game Donpiky was chosen again and was able to battle with no error.

Thanks so much for sharing these and the extra details. Think the team has everything they need to continue investigating this issue causing your errors, as they have all brought up the same issue when searched - it doesn’t appear to be syncing with the “room” the battle is occurring in.

Also, just to clear everything I can do to help on a support side, a couple of questions:

• Are these errors occurring while on wi-fi and mobile connection or one more over the other?
  • When did you last reinstall PQ3?
  • If playing on multiple platforms/devices, does it happen on one more than others? If so, which one?
  • All on mobile data.
  • 10 months ago when I swapped phones.
  • Only play on the one phone.

NB in the past I have always downloaded all assets when updating. The last update I left it set as “As Needed”

1 Like