[MORE INFO AND REPORS PLEASE] Spell Concentrated Venom does not do double damage as indicated

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
The spell Concentrated Venom reads: “Deal X damage as poison. If the target is Poisoned, deal double damage and extend the poison by Y turns”. However, even though the target being poisoned condition is met, the double damage is not occurring (EDIT: removed reference to extension of poison application not occurring based on feedback below)

Here is an example:

In this current setup X=320 dmg. The target does not have +/- elemental affinity for green. The target’s remaining health is 476 and there is no remaining spell resistance.

The target is suffering from Poison, not Venom as I understand these are two different conditions even though the effect (25% more damage) is the same.

After casting Concentrated Venom, the result is that the target has taken 400 damage. This is 320 base damage as per the spell tooltip + 25% additional damage as the target was poisoned. However, based on the spell, the target should have taken 640 damage and been killed as a result.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always in my experience. I have only recently used the spell so I do not know how long this has been happening.

Steps to make it happen again
Repeat steps outlined above.

P.S. Perhaps the spell should be called Concentrated Poison since there clearly is an effort to treat Poison and Venom as two distinct effects.

I haven’t tested, but the screenshots you are showing it on uses it on an infinite poison stack. It can’t extend the time because the poison is lasting for an infinite amount of time.

All the channeling spells currently apply their effect infinitely until the enemy is dead.

Understood. Thanks for the clarification. I will see if I can recreate the scenario using a duration-based poison application. Thanks!

Hello team, are other people experiencing this? More reports will help us tell if it’s posion itself, or an interaction of poison with something else.