[More Info Needed] Update 0.38.X Shop is still unresponsive

Platform, device and operation system
Android, OnePlus 7T, Android 11

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
Expected: Enter into shop and have shop contents laid out for me to make purchases.

Actual: Enter into shop and … nothing. Sometimes the screen goes dark revealing the non-responsive UI. Other times, the view animation looks at a tavern wall. No items to purchase shows up. No response from my taps or tap drags on the screen.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This has been happening since I came on board with v0.37

Steps to make it happen again
Start the game.
Select your hero.
Tap “Shop”

I have had this happen several times since updating to 38. No blackscreens, so far. But I will click the shop and just get the blank tavern wall.

If I restart the game immediately, it will open with me in the shop.

Hey there!

Sorry to hear that your having such issues with the Shop tab in Puzzle Quest 3. I’ve tested this on are side and I haven’t been able to experience this issue myself. Is it possible for you provide some screenshots of this issue?

@Tresk are you also able to provide some screenshots and details of the device you are playing the game on?

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

Hey, @OminousGMan

It happened again today (before I saw your reply :woman_facepalming:) I’ll try to remember to get a screenshot next time. I play on bluestacks 5 (android 9). I initially thought it might be an issue with that until I saw this bug report.

For me, this is not something that happens every time I try to access the store. It’s intermittent. I did notice that when it happened today I was going from the social tab to the store. I know that at least one of the other times, that was also the case. So now I’m going to pay closer attention to where I’m starting from.

I think an important clue is that if I close the game and reopen it, I’m in the store. But if I am playing normally (no freeze) and am in the store and close the game, then reopen it, the game doesn’t put me back in the store. So it feels like the old end of battle freeze bug.

Anyway… the next time it happens, I’ll grab a screenshot.

This is what the screen looks like when the shop hangs. After further testing it seems pretty random. I think it has only happened to me the first time I try to access the shop after it resets. But not every first time. And that first time could be hours after the actual reset time.