[REPORTED] OG royal longsword has no effect

Platform, device version and operating system
Steam

Screenshot or image

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I expected the Royal Longsword to have a power buff. It in fact, says it has none. The upgrade also says it has none.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This was an original longsword that had the direct damage ability. it was renamed to royal longsword and when the ability was fixed. Now it doesn’t provide a bonus to power.

Steps to make it happen again

1. Procure a time machine
  2. go back to April 2021 and acquire a longsword with the broken ability
  3. do not mess with the timeline
  4. go back to present day and look at the new royal longsword and be confused why it doesn’t have an ability
1 Like

I think the easiest solution to this problem is to give me the runes, relics, and glyphs and let me upgrade this to Legendary rather than fix this in code.

Hey @rob

If you haven’t already, can you submit a Support Ticket, making sure to include your Name Code.

I have just raised this with the team, as I have the same weapon (and just reproduced this on a second account) and haven’t been able to see the same missing trait/buff.

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

Thank you Jeto! I have opened 113169. Have a good day!

1 Like

Hey @Jeto!

I have one of these original longswords so I decided to test it out.

As you can see it lists none for it’s effect (bottom left of screen shot)

After testing it a few times, it is still functioning like it did in version 0.39. Prior to the balance changes on gear, the sword would give +60 power (at epic rarity) every time you matched 5+ gems of the correct color.

In the current build of the game an epic longsword should be giving +3% of starting power, instead.

If you recall, these swords originally had a completely broken ability and were later patched (in 0.35) to provide a power bump, instead. Something went wrong with that patch and any sword that you already had did not get the power bump. It had the same old broken ability. But if you looted a new sword, it had the power bump. A month later a server push was done that replaced the broken ability with the correct power bump on those older swords.

It looks like they never actually fixed whatever was causing the game to think that Royal Longswords acquired before 0.35 were a different sword. They apparently just slapped the new ability on the old swords.

Sooooooo… when they did this big balance change they apparently forgot all about these old swords not being properly recognized by the game. Therefore those old longswords have not received their nerf.

Hope this helps

1 Like