[Reported] Trarg Gloves don't give correct bonus

The Trarg Gloves are not giving the correct bonus in two ways: (1) incorrect bonus per 10 speed above 100; and (2) bonus does not update after speed boosts.

1. Instead of getting 1.5% Crit Chance bonus per 10 speed above 100, I’m only getting 0.15% Crit Chance bonus. For example:

• Speed of 178: I should get 1.5% * (170-100)/10= 10.5%. However, I’m only getting 1.05%
    • Speed of 241: I should get 1.5% * (240-100)/10= 21%. However, I’m only getting 2.1%

(NOTE: The Speed is at the top of the picture, and the Crit Chance bonus is at the bottom-right of the same picture)
  2. The Crit Chance bonus does not increase when I get speed boosts, for example after matching a Big Gem and getting a speed boost from the Royal Boots. (Thanks @KenpoKid69 for catching this!)

Not only that, but when I tried them out, they only applied the critical bonus at the start of battle and despite my speed going up throughout the battle the gloves never recalculated the bonus, just kept using the default. Which I’m pretty sure is a bug, because if not…then they’re just really really bad.

1 Like

@KenpoKid69 Great catch!!! I didn’t notice that. Thank you! I’ll update my post accordingly. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Jeto, just wanted to check and see if this is being looked at? There’ve been so many bugs/feature requests lately that I’m not sure if this one got missed. It seemed that the similar Royal Boots error was fixed so quickly, so yeah, not sure if the Trarg Gloves got missed.

I have reported this to the team (marked the thread as reported) - I just don’t always get a chance to leave a comment when in a flurry of reporting to the team as well :sparkles:

Hi @Jeto ! It looks like part of the Trarg Gloves has been fixed in 2.3, but part is still broken. The decimal point error is fixed, which is great! However, the crit chance bonus still does not recalculate/update mid-battle after getting speed bonuses. For example, in the following pic, i start with 1.5% bonus because i started with 113 speed. However, after boosting my speed up by 11 during the battle, my crit chance bonus is still only 1.5%, even though it should be 3%

1 Like

I’ve reopened the bug report for this issue!!

1 Like

Thank you @Jeto! :blush: much appreciated!

1 Like

@Jeto If this second bug doesnt get fixed, would i be able to “return” the item and get my materials back? Ive actually already upgraded this to like level 47… lots of glyphs and relics. However, if the bonus never gets fixed so that it increases with in-fight speed bonuses, then i dont think i would have actually upgraded it.

We definitely will be fixing it… no bugs should just be left unresolved!

I’ll try and get some more information from the team on an ETA or if it’s expected in the next update.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks Jeto! :smiley:

1 Like

Another fix has been released for the gloves!

@Jeto awesome! I’ll check that out! Thank you for the heads up!

1 Like

I have tested Trarg gloves and they are increasing critical chance as you increase your speed, indeed. Finally, they will be able to shine!

However, they seem so eager to do their job that they have forgotten the safety speed limit of 600! One would expect the critical chance not to grow over 50 times the base % (since the speed is capped at 600 = 100 + 50 x 10). However, even when speed is capped, critical chance keeps growing everytime you have a speed increasing effect.

I have tested rare Trarg gloves (+0.5% crit chance) with runic boots. I started with 200 speed, so 5% critical chance, working well. As I casted spells speed increased and together with it critical chance, working well. But at a certain moment, once capped at 600 speed, I saw that I had +38% critical chance, which couldn’t be possible since I had no other critical chance increasing effect. So I decided to keep going and casting spells, and critical chance kept growing. As you can see in the screenshot, I finished the fight with over +100% critical chance. I believe you may need to have a serious talk about speed limit regulations with Trarg gloves…

This was my loadout:

1 Like

Looks like they just need to have the bonus calculated against the Capped Speed variable (e.g., max 600) vs whatever intermediate variable they’re using for total speed boost.

We’re on it, thanks for sharing the screenshots too :sparkles:

1 Like

Lol, 2 months later … the com manager finally did find the new posts too.
But ok, I do understand this, if you already have half of your items not working as intented, another one does not seem to be important, isnt it that way?
And not a critical bug anymore, i admit.
But if as a Dev you are on that point, you really should think to change something about your way of doing things, sorry.
If there is a big bad massive wall right in front of you, maybe it would be better to brake … and start to think about how to raise your flying skills instead of running panic circles.

But ok, you can also go on forever in circles in front of the wall, only problem is, you will get nowhere then.
But I know, the trick is to deny the existence of the wall …
No … its not.