Update 1.5.5 Patch Notes

Thanks Jeto for the update - great to see the communication!

Can this please be done for Minions too?

I already mentioned in the 1.5 thread we have Minion changes on the way :sparkles:

Jumping in here again

1.5.5 is expected to release at tomorrow’s reset time!

When the update goes live, the Kingdom tab in-game will be locked for anyone still on 1.5 to prevent any issues between players on 1.5.5 and those who have yet to update to 1.5, especially with the changes coming to Kingdoms.

2 Likes

Maybe I am reading this wrong. But I can’t figure out how this solves the problem.

What I mean is this:

Prior to 1.5, in order to achieve max score, you had to cast spells and kill on turn zero. Because it was possible to cast and kill on turn zero, it meant that anyone wanting max rewards had to do that.

In 1.5 two things changed. First, it is no longer possible to cast and kill on turn zero. Yay! Awesome. This means everyone no longer has to wear the same gear and do the same thing to max their score! Except no. Because, second, now there are turns between our turns. So… since it is POSSIBLE to match skulls and kill on turn 0.5 (our half of the first turn) to achieve max score, it forces us to all to do exactly that. 1.5 did not solve the problem of everyone being forced into a very narrow meta. It just changed what that very narrow meta is.

If I am reading correctly, it sounds like only the points for turns have changed in 1.5.5 and not the fact that the enemy turns now count. If so, then we will still be forced to kill on turn 0.5 with skulls, in order to achieve max score.

Not only is this skull-fall-slot-machine incredibly boring and tedious, it also pretty much rules out using AP for pvp.

7 Likes

I for one am having a ball of a time farming for complete bloodfang sets in every color, filling up all my new Northelm crafted storage

2 Likes

This is my take as well. I explained here the issue and I still don’t see how the developers’ response deals with the issue.

Whether you get 10 or 5 doesn’t matter. It still comes down to requiring a build that generates enough skulls to eliminate your opponent on the first turn. This has also driven numerous players to return to the “Conan” build, where by you essentially equip a high level weapon and nothing else so as to match with another undergeared opponent to minimize the number of skulls needed to win that first round.

The developers can’t possibly think this is a “better” result? :thinking:

5 Likes

The meta has shifted from 0 matches to 1 match. Developers are seeing this as a win, case closed

I really hope that Kingdom Crest rewards are improved. Right now I do very little damage to the dragon in the Kingdom Defense. My biggest contribution is getting Kingdom Crests, but since the rewards are so low for seasoned members, it feels I am making no relevant contribution to my Kingdom.

Thank you very much for taking our concerns and feedback into consideration.

2 Likes

Thank you for passing along the feedback about the season specific spells much appreciated @Jeto

1 Like

Having the Bazaar Tier progress bar hidden away in the Info button is sure to cause confusion and pain for kingdom leaders trying to maximise the kingdom’s efforts.

1 Like

On steam
wtf

Restarted steam, computer and verified files.

1 Like

@Cookie did you want to shoot through a ticket so I can send you some troubleshooting to go through.

So, the pvp solution doesn’t appear to be what we wanted. Now a skull kill match on your first turn will get you 2488. Spell kill on your second turn will get the 2475. Functionally no different than prepatch really.

Presumably we want both to be 2475.

4 Likes

The frustrating part about this is that the developer(s) clearly have no clue what outcome they want in PvP. After voicing complaints about Starting mana issues (twice! once in EA and then most recently) providing only those players with very specific builds the opportunity to win gem awards, they have basically recreated the “problem” by forcing players to now have a very specific but different build than before in order to win the same gem awards.

It’s really disappointing to have a lot of players provide solid feedback and information for it to result in this outcome.

6 Likes

It must of server jitters. It’s working now.

1 Like

It doesnt appear that these “extra rewards” in place of chests are listed in the rewards for each chapter part (I’ve only looked at a few so far so i could be mistaken). It seems the “extra rewards” are random per battle and not just per story chapter completion so perhaps thats why.

Although the Story Cache appears in the overland map:

It does not appear in the rewards screen when viewing the story chapter content and rewards:

On a positive note, pretty fun graphic for the opening of the Cache:

And something you never see in a chest!

1 Like

This does not appear to be working. Our raid boss spawned after weekly reset and it is now dead 45 minutes later. No overkill.

Spawned 45 minutes ago.

1 Like

And it seems rewards are bugged too–I received silver for 2.86mil.

@Sibelios just clarifying, did it start 45 minutes ago or 1 hour 45mins ago?

Currently haven’t seen affect our dev Kingdom, but once I have some more information from you I can look into it further.

PS. inb4 it’s joked about, but the dev Kingdom has no access to dev cheats haha.

45 minutes ago I believe since the cycle is 22 hours and the next defense in the screen capture is 21h13m away.

1 Like