Update 2.2 Patch Notes

I think I have the new system mostly figured out, reading between the lines. If I’m right, the forums are going absolutely explode on weekly reset this week.

So, my tinfoil hat theories:

The score for beating an opponent with 3300 Gear Score times 1.3 for reaching the maximum 10% scoring bonus for Life, Armor, and Resistance each in raw numbers, not percentages.

From the thread :

It looks like Restricted pays out double Open tourney gems, with Elite paying out triple.

That said, I strongly believe that because scoring is based on your gear score (for the 10% bonuses) and the gear score of the opponent (for enemy strength determining base score), walking into any tourney without the absolute most powerful setup/gear score you can field is a suicide mission. Especially with:

Because scoring is based on gear score, higher gear scored players will float to the top of the leaderboard. As such, the game is going to throw top-of-the-leaderboard opponents to players because of their point value to “help” those players reach the top of the leaderboard (for competitive purposes, aka score rubberbanding).

Expect the leaderboard positions to be differentiated by 1-2 points each on something silly like 40-50k point scores to prevent ties from occurring anymore.

So, expect each color’s PvP to be completely dominated in Champion league by players whose main is of that color and their main have gear scores of 3000+ and likely 3200+.

It’s been a fun ride in PvP to this point, except for the ever-increasing number of kamikaze naked players with Mythic 50 weapons. Mentally preparing for the new reality of drastically reduced PvP gems (except for Green tournies) and Honor per week and adjusting accordingly.

EDIT: Why raw numbers and not percentages? A player with L45/M45/M50 gear has much higher stat numbers than players in E35 gear, and as such the game will reward players with higher stat numbers with higher scoring bonuses. Also, such a change also greatly rewards players with have grinding out the citadel to 100, 150, and even 200+, because those +stat bonuses will stack on top of the gear stat scoring bonuses for even higher point payouts. Clever.