Update 2.5 Patch Notes (+2.5.1 fixes)

I made a whole thread about that.

I’d like to see the same with follower crystals. 2 unwanted makes 1 of your choice.

3 Likes

We haven’t made any changes to KD battles recently @ed.209 - a general note for everyone, we will not adjust any item, enemy, npc, spell etc in game without making a post about it to notify players.

I’ll still follow up and investigate just in case, but I have not seen any changes pushed through since 2.5 released, that are for KD Dragons.

As for spell compensation, all your information and updates can be found in this thread :sparkles:

So what happened to the Disease status effect? :wink: LOL It used to remove mana from ALL the enemies spells when active, now it just removes mana from ONE of the enemies spells. I believe this happened with 2.5. Is this a bug or was it intentional?

Oh in this instance, it was just missed in the patch notes - was a change made a fair few months ago and didn’t go live till 2.5!

I guess I should write more specifically, a lot of the queries about things that have been changed are often ones that if we did make a change they would be announced. Short of a spell change done 4 months ago that was missed from the patch notes, or a bug fix etc. It happens, we work on this stuff all the time, and are working on some things that don’t release for months at a time so it’s missed when going back and collecting all the points of all the things worked on for that updated.

But for the most part, we try and keep everyone as up to date as possible! Sorry for not getting back to your comment, two weeks ago, I did follow it up and got lost in the sauce of some other reports :sparkles:

2 Likes

This may be a bug or it may be intended, which is why I’m posting it here and not making a bug report. For the quest pass order “Evolve an Item” (any gear, spells, or minions count), evolving a spell to its rarity plus does not complete the order despite the fact it evolved.

1 Like

Couple of odds and ends:

• Looks like I had a desync issue in multiplayer on an instance startup, leading to some interesting board manipulation and then a crash. Interestingly, I think, the crash occurred when the other player (Ailile) completed the instance and then my instance failed to resolve and close out properly, as I did receive credit for the co-op battle completion but not the chest from the instance.

• In a spell tooltip, the color of the rarity-affected component of the spell does not match the official rarity color for Ancient Mythic.

Help page:

Spellbook:

Tooltip:

(In-battle color is a slightly lighter, bolder version of red than normal Mythic rarity.)

1 Like

@Lyrian I grabbed the error and passed it on to the team - from what I can see (and understand) from the code, it looks like it has desynced at some point and you had no AP left despite it displaying the opposite.
But looks like this error is on their radar and they are investigating further this week.

As for the red in the tooltip, it looks like the colour wasn’t updated with the spell rework, so I have created a task for this to be fixed up.

2 Likes

Ahh, so… that’s where the animation budget was allocated for the Season. No wonder, as that was impressive. That’s going to be a hard one to top in the next story arc. :slight_smile:

But why is that locked away behind Story mode and not encounterable in Dungeon mode for this Season?

1 Like

Hell yeah! We have been working on them for some time and it’s so exciting you all get to do that battle at last.

I thought they would only appear in Dungeons after the Chapter has released :thinking: cos we don’t want spoilers getting out. It has only been a day, and the Dungeon enemies are random so maybe they have just not appeared yet

1 Like

Well, as you just posted, the game did finally decide to roll that encounter as a Dungeon run on my last energy for the day.

So, at the moment, there appears to be four possible Dungeon runs: Chapter 1 Dungeon, Chapter 2 Dungeon, Chapter 3 Echo, and that encounter. Intended? Maybe that encounter is a rare encounter? Or possibly just bad RNG on my side, as I kept rolling the Chapter 3 Echo encounter repeatedly.

Either way, that encounter could might warrant re-use in the future as some kind of new mode / guild fight / ZuulGoth-tier encounter somewhere down the road. Too much love went into that sequence for it to be buried in a one-off Season Chapter.

Was literally just talking to the team about a Season Boss specific mode/option!

2 Likes

There is definitely something different with kingdom defence; the dragons’ mana drops are way higher than other enemies, and the player’s block chance is lower too, way more instakills than 2.4.

I’m not the only one who’s noticed.

1 Like

There’s a missing asset in the shop in Darkhunter’s adventure, “To Your Doom”.

Looks like this is the culprit.

2 Likes