Let's discuss the current state of chests and drop rates

Nearly two months now and no engagement by @Kafka or @Jeto or anyone on this topic at all. We continue to see higher quality dungeon chests, especially diamonds, at high levels filled with nothing but 4 stacks of food and some shards. It happens repeatedly but it was never mentioned in any notes. Now we get to the Update 1.2 and we have even less on which to use resources like food and ore. These continual behind-the-scenes downgrades occur with no notifications while “increased relics” gets proclaimed every other update with no evidence. We have no way of evaluating these changes, both announced and hidden, because rates are not visible to validate.

This is legitimate feedback and questions about core gameplay and it is being ignored. Sorry, I will not let this go.

EDIT: Just for reference because I have to keep providing evidence that I’m not just some jerkoff forum troll, this was from May 16:

So what is the proper amount of time?

EDIT: And just for further thought, if the core design philosophy about Chests has changed why not make that clear. In the past there was an emphasis on the value of premium chests, and making them worthwhile. @Sirrian said that he felt the wait for opening a Diamond Chest through the vault was appropriate (24 hours) but the contents were not. This was back in May of 2021. Now these same chests are diminished to the point of being purely resource gathering in all forms (both skirmish and dungeon). A Diamond chest is often nothing more than a glorified Iron Chest. Is 24 hours or the use of a premium key that is priced in multiple dollars in the shop an appropriate value for gold, a stack of food that can’t be used, and some shards that can be gotten from a wooden skirmish chest? Should we abandon all hope of doing higher Difficulty Dungeons for the likelihood of a nice item drop or even, god forbid, a higher tier Relic? Is that the intent? A clear throated answer would be appreciated.

2 Likes