Ultimate (and other) Caches - Post 3.0

There seems to be a largely overlooked part of the gear update. Seasonal Caches are so much worse now.

I just burned 6000 ancient coins going after something that does not exist. I know it is my fault for not reviewing the fine print of the caches, but I foolishly assumed that the Ultimate Caches would now contain Mythic gear… since ya know, it is one of the goals of a season.

Does this mean that the only way to achieve the Mythic seasonal goals for future seasons is going to be RNG from chests that are limited to 3/6/9 per day?

1 Like

The caches do contain mythic gear. I know a player who got a mythic flametree pendant, the first night the patch dropped.

Or do you mean the season set?

Brings up another good point though. So currently the cache item is on the cache 6 times. 3 times as legendary and 3 times as mythic. I believe this is meant to be once at legendary, and 5 times as mythic, since there are 5 mythic rarity types now.

The season set pieces, as in, the 6 normal items for the season. Not the seasonal unique piece from Eldritch and Dragonking.

From a Chest or a Cache?

Cache. I have noticed though that season chests seem awful compared to other game modes.

3 Likes

Odd, they only list Legendary (this is season 2.5)

and 3 versions at legendary

Anecdotally, I have seen the same thing. Seasonal dungeon chests seem to be on a different drop rate table than dungeons 1-15.

4 Likes

I have the same feeling about seasonal drops being worse.

2 Likes

As the Season starting this week features Shaman stuff, I would like to a least give a courtesy spin to this Season’s Legendary prize.

However, given the drop rates from Caches in 3.0 under the new system, the drop rates for a Mythic Season Legendary are anemic at best. For me, Legendary = 20 Aether, period, as a Legendary will never replace a Mythic +5 or higher gear piece.

The rates for past Seasons are 0.5% combined for all Mythic Quality levels.

That’s odds of 1 in 200 in an Ultimate Cache. At 200 coins a pull, that’s an expected value of (200 / 0.005) = 40000 coins… plus or minus RNG in either direction.

That’s a mindblowing number of coins, let alone their cost in Gems or Crowns. Enough to easily freeze out chasing one of these, as possibility of throwing two years’ worth of coins at this and walking away empty is very uncomfortably high, and that’s super disappointing.

5 Likes

Pretty sure its a bug and should probably be reported. But even if fixed the chances of a good drop on the other seasons is like 3% (mythic), down from 5% (for an upgradeable legendary). So still kinda bad even if they do fix it.

1 Like

If caches remain as they are now, I won’t be opening a single one. The only reason I did before was to get the exclusive legendary item, but right now it being legendary I will never use it so I won’t be wasting my coins in the cache lottery of getting a mythic one.

4 Likes

This visual of duplicate items is a known issue and is fixed with the hotfix (3.0.1)

As for Cache feedback, was something I had already been sharing but I’ll add this thread to my report!

2 Likes

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

The drop rates are possibly even worse (depending on your perspective as the net total of all the possible drops rates are the same as the previous Season caches), as the low drop rates are split to even rarer “normal” (Season 1.3) and rare “variants” (Season 3.0) drops.

Variant gear has a 20% drop of appearing in place of the normal version. This includes the Legendary Amulet.

Still 0.5% for Mythic. now split 0.4% over variant Quality levels and 0.1% for the variant version over those same Quality levels.

1 Like

Actually it 0.01% for what I’m guessing is an Immortal mythic.

The Quality tiers have been pretty consistent across all of the caches:

• 70% lowest tier possible
  • 20% next tier higher
  • 10% highest tier awarded

Agreed, probably Sacred/Exalted/Immortal for the Mythic amulet.

I think cry is the right response.

2 Likes

I just got the amulet of the first in my first cache. Normally that would be fantastic, but kind of sucks now, being a legendary. Why not just have it drop at mythic? Going to take forever now to farm I guess.

1 Like

Don’t worry, we still have dungeon chests to get the good stuff (except the amulet) without opening caches. Here I got my first 3.0 diamond chest! Let’s see what nice things it has inside…

Lyrian, can we cry together? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I got a diamond chest on my first dungeon and got a little excited, but then … ended up with a rare relic, some shards and food. Oh and capped gold. I think a little tweaking needs to be addressed in these.

2 Likes