Lucky Ring or not so lucky

What is someone doing over there? 150 wins then 300 wins and then what 700-1000 wins? people who work will not have time to get this ring that they have been waiting for all year!! playing a dungeon takes on average 3-4 mins and that gets you 3 wins - So by that you need 50 dungeons to get 150 wins 50 x 4 mins = so 3 hours and 33 mins to get to 150 wins stage one - so by that to get the 1450 wins to get the ring will take 101 hours and 30 minutes. the event is on for 4 days which is 96 hours - i can’t do it by 5 hours and 30 mins @Jeto

9 Likes

I completely agree that the goals are truly insane. I play quite a lot but even I will have problems to meet the last goal. 1450 enemies / 4 days = 363 enemies a day. Let’s say we defeat 1 enemy per minute, we would still need over 6 hours each day to do all! This isn’t reasonable at all.

I am sure whoever designed the goals didn’t realised this, because I trust they wouldn’t expect us to really spend that amount of time on it. The lucky ring has on previous years been a free item, so it makes no sense to now make it a super exclusive item only for the hardest grinders of us. Maybe the last 0 was a mistake and the goals were to be 15/30/100, much more sensible.

I really hope devs you can do something after the weekend on the last day to solve this, because the lucky ring is probably the event item that players were waiting for most to get so this will upset a great number of players.

6 Likes

The amount of monsters to kill is definitely too high, doesn’t even have to be about having a job or not but the week-end is not necessarily when ppl play the most, this w-e I’ll be busy with IRL when all week would’ve been perfect for me, I can play after my shifts while binging stuff…

2 Likes

Yet, this completely falls in line with the low cerebral amperage dedicated to the spell update, oops, I should say spell overhaul. What we are seeing is the result of poor reasoning and a complete lack of attending to the players. I’ve been pumping my Kingdom for days to get this ring. I have one from last year and I am sure the requirements to get it were not anything this onerous.
Since the Devs are so completely unable to think rationally through the updates or events, perhaps they would be so kind to post here their impending game releases so we can give them the constructive feedback they are obviously lacking.

7 Likes

I was planning on making a topic about this, so glad someone beat me to it. The goals for this event IMO are just too high to be realistically attained by most of the playerbase. I’d consider to at least dropping the last goal to 500 enemies, instead of 1000. Even that will be pretty daunting.

Having the Coin Collector adventure active right now does help though, so kudos to the devs for having the foresight with that at least.

3 Likes

Spell Update started off a bit rough, but I’d argue it was a big win for everyone in the end.

2 Likes

Taking into account how all the other holiday event’s goals have been I am more inclined on thinking that it was truly a “one extra 0” mistake so that the intended goals were 15/30/100 enemies. These would seem similar to previous holiday event’s goals that usually were reached with a couple of hour’s effort.

6 Likes

If the ring was so easy to obtain in previous years it seems unreasonable to now have such severe requirements, I was waiting for it and this way it is certain that I will not get it, if it is not possible to correct the numbers at least I and players interested in this ring would appreciate you increased the deadline to double at least.

Thanking the developers for their attention

4 Likes

It’s a rather sadistic requirement but definitely doable.

You can do a Skirmish on Autoplay on easy in 30-40 seconds, so that’s 90-120 kills per hour. It obviously depends how badly you want that ring.

Definitely a sadist who sanctioned this though! :rofl:

2 Likes

Luckily I already have 2 of these rings! That’s such a grind this time around for this St Patrick’s event!

1 Like

Skirmish 30 seconds but once you get through all the pages it’s 1 minute so maths is 1450 minutes to complete means it will take a full 24 hours to complete no breaks no food no nothing - so to complete in time considering you might get 8 hours sleep a day - work 8 hours that leaves another 8 hours to do this ( 3 full days to complete) lmao sod eating and going to the toilet

1 Like

@Trapped, with a decent Lvl 50 gear score it’s 30-40 seconds on an easy Skirmish, fully inclusive of all button presses and menus.

90-120 kills per hour as I stated. So you’re looking at between 12 and 16 hours for the 1450 kills.

Like I said, it’s certainly doable, just utterly sadistic! I imagine the devs are chuckling to themselves reading this thread. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes Kenpo, that is exactly where they stuck it.

1 Like

lol let’s see if over 3 days i am going to play puzzle quest 5 hours solid per day (5hrs and 20 mins) 8 hrs work 8 hrs sleep leaves me 2hours and 40 mins to myself per day. By monday i’ll need psychological help cause all i’ll see is multi-colour gems everywhere- @Developers can you please put a health warning that trying to obtain this Ring will seriously damage your health LMAO

5 Likes

Lol the Lucky Clover Ring will become a thing of nightmares!! :joy:

3 Likes

This should be an easy fix. Make it so #1

3 Likes

Not sure why everyone is talking about doing skirmishes because if you do an easy dungeon you get to kill three enemies from loading one battle. That’s much faster.

In any case I also agree with the people that think the devs messed up something. I don’t think any event has ever required nearly this much work in the past. It’s a pity it’s the weekend, otherwise we would probably have a post from them already.

3 Likes

@shmaunpq an easy Dungeon on Autoplay can be done in about 10-30 seconds quicker for those 3 battles than if you were Skirmishing the fights, but you only get 8 Kingdom Crests as opposed to the 15 Crests from 3 Skirmish battles (as well as greater XP gains from 3 Skirmish fights vs a Dungeon battle ).

I’d rather get the extra Crests for my Kingdom while still grinding for the ring personally.

So only those of us who have a decent lvl 50 build should be able to get the ring (in a doable but unreasonable amount of time)? Nah, it doesn’t make any sense to me, something has gone wrong here.

The problem is that the timing has been bad, we will need to wait until monday to get a response. However, I am 100% sure that something will be done and that all players able to reach at least the second goal (or even just the first one) will get their ring.

4 Likes

I think this has to be said. Setting your customers up for failure demoralizes them. It’s very hard to gain new players/customers, and something like a very attainable Lucky Ring makes a new player feel excitement and increases the chance that they will stick around and eventually commit to micro-transactions. Putting an item up and making it unobtainable to anyone with a reasonable gaming / life balance just pushes them away.

I’m pretty confidant I could grind this out if I chose to give up having a balanced life. For me, its not something I’ve been looking forward to, but I bet many of the newer players were really looking forward to it.

3 Likes