[PASSED ON] BUG: Salvaging UC/Rare Gear Yields Common Upgrade Shards

Platform, device and operation system
N/A

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
Salvaging items of varying rarities should yield upgrade shards of that item’s rarity.

Currently, salvaging any item yields shards of only the lowest possible rarity (minor) for that item type. This behavior is evidenced in the Salvage Preview screen before salvaging an item. Note how the expected shard yielded has the Common rarity type background and does not match color of the item being salvaged in the window header.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Is this a once-off issue or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen in specific circumstances?

Always happens, and has been the salvaging behavior by the game since early access began.

Steps to make it happen again
Please detail the steps taken to trigger this bug. The more detailed the breakdown, the easier it is for us to test in-house.

Salvage anything with rarity over Common.

Thank you Lyrian! I have passed this on.

1 Like

Hi @Salty , last night I accidentally stumbled over some additional information on this behavior of this issue.

These two pictures show the same Uncommon ring type. One salvage pop-up is shows a minor shard yield (incorrect), the other one a lesser shard yield (correct).

So, what gives?

The difference is that the in the first screenshot, the ring is level 1. In the second screenshot, the ring is level 12 (what I had equipped at the time).

Therefore, the issue here is that when determining the rarity of shards to provide during a salvage, the game is currently only looking at the level of the item at the time of salvage and is ignoring the rarity of the item.