Upgrade preview for gear

When upgrading gear from uncommon to rare there use to be a preview of what the effect you would get. (not talking about what color the gear would be). Currently it’s not this way so I would have to know for example what dwarven pauldrons rare base effect is before doing it. It would be nice it was like it was before. Example below

You to be able to see the base feature before upgrading like this for example you’d know the rare warlords mask would - upgrade a big gem by 1 at the start of turn

1 Like

Can I also suggest:
See what elemental color for common/uncommon items
See what passive attributes will be added

It would be nice but then if its not what you want people would just salvage it or not upgrade it. But maybe a mechanic to see the color and be able to use gold or such to choose a color your want maybe would work.

The upgrade or salvage choice/information is kind of the point
Right now if you upgrade gear, the salvage return is just nowhere near sufficient to meaningfully upgrade the newer piece of replacement gear
This means you have less incentive to upgrade gear because its such a commitment and you know that for say Epic+ gear, the excitement of finding the piece of gear you wanted, in the color you wanted (with the attributes you wanted) would be impacted by not being able to afford to upgrade it

Hey!

Just jumping in to let you know, I added this to my report!

So this feedback has been passed along.

Jeto - Support Human

3 Likes

Thanks Jeto
To clarify - are you talking specifically about the OP’s request:
upgrading gear from uncommon to rare there use to be a preview of the effect

and/or
See what elemental color for common/uncommon items
See what passive attributes will be added

Having a choice on these two are huge.

Even if a bunch of ascension material comes into the game, people still won’t ascend much as it is currently more consistent to RNG the correct modifiers from drops than it is to upgrade into them, due to upgrading being purely random.

2 Likes

I agree - being able to choose what to craft would be awesome
As would being able to re-craft them later (at a reduced cost) to provide some flexibility as the game and your gear changes over time
Given the costs to upgrade (and the tiny salvage returns) knowing if the copy of the item you get is worth investing in (elemental color and passives) would be a positive step
While we are on the topic - Relevant passives (e.g. one’s that relate to the elemental color of the item, so lightpact on yellow items) would also be nice

1 Like

I added the upgrade preview generally, while also including a link to this thread so other team members can read it directly from the players and see other examples/suggestions.

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

5 Likes