Please do something about Glyphs (Making them Universal would be a good start!)

Hello,

I’m playing the game since roughly two months or so now. Paid 30,- for ingame currency, just because I felt, that the game is good and the developer needs to be paid.
But: Thats the one and only payment from my side. Because…

From the very first game start, I had that pay-to-win feeling, especially since you get hammered those “offers” daily around your ears. The further you come, the more expensive the offers get. Seriously, 50 Euro for some crap items and some crystals, more over, for one of those absolutely useless followers like, well, most of them?
(Hint for new players: Just ignore these adverts!)

Pretty soon I realized, that you need to level several characters up to level 50, just for those crystals, to level your follower. I’m pretty fine with that design-decission though, simply because it nets in jewels aswell.

But, and now on to the topic…
I play like 8 hours a day at the moment with 3x 50, 41, 36 and 2x 1 level chars.
I got so far: One (!) gear set rate 2143, containing 4x level 45 and 8x level 35. My spells stick all on level 35 and my minions, well, I give a flying f*ck about them, since I don’t pvp. They just open chests for me.

I use the same gear set on all characters. Now guess why?
It is simply impossible to play around with different gear combinations, because you won’t get them leveled accordingly! Hooray for my 69.213 armour shards, who will rust in storage forever as it seems.

The only way to get those damn glyphs seems to be to buy them WEEKLY for 30k gold. A random one. And only ONE!

Why don’t you guys just allow us to buy as many as we can afford for our hard earned gold? Why this weekly restriction?
And/or why can’t we just change shards for them? 2k shards seems to me a high enough number, to get a matching glyph for it…if you consider the two dozend gear sets around…and the 7 character types. Raise the amount to 5k for the mythical glyphs.
This is way better than loosing your players. Because, if the offer fits, maybe one will buy again…

Greetings

1 Like

You can also buy a glyph of each type for gems weekly in the shop → bundles → evolution. Monday is weapon, Tuesday armor, Wednesday accessory, Thursday spell and Friday Minion. But they are still a very difficult resource to get, indeed.

1 Like

Perhaps one of the followers could craft them from surplus crystals - Auri, Xione or Jocea, who has no crystal usage after leveled to 50.

1 Like

Sounds resonable to let a female member of our beloved “Oracle Delphi” join everyones party cough cough :sweat_smile:

There is a weekly armor glyph in the Honor shop, but for that you will have to start playing PvP.
Also, since the change, PvP gives you more crystals than before.

Thx, this is a very valuable hint :wink:
I didn’t know, that there is a scheme behind what is offered daily. I thought it would be random…

There is also the kingdom dragons. Not sure if you are strong enough to get rewards from the dragons that may possibly include a glyph. Even if you aren’t strong enough you will get gems when your kingdom defeats the dragon which you can use to buy the glyphs in the store.

Not yet mentioned: Resh Superior gift can give glyphs. Extremely rarely but can.

1 Like

I haven’t been playing as long as many players however already experinced the huge dissapointment with the Glyph System. I had hoped one or other of my Followers ( Resh) would be able to craft them.
Like many pkayers saving making coin. To get mainly an un wanted Glyph is hughly dissapointing. Or to get Random drops again always ends in dissapointment
The time to upgrade from Legend to Mythic could take up to a year due to 4 X Glyph Type. By which time you lose intrest altogether.
Waiting a week to drop 30 K to get a random glyph is painfull. At this point, there is no insenitive to exchange real money for game money on a random miss for glyphs. Also with cost of living again diminishes greatly desire to buy game money.
Could you if nothing else make Resh make /collect Glyphs rather than loads of spell armour weapons stuff which is already so easy to get

Cheers.

Aye…

Since my initial answer in this thread, I only miss one glyph for my last armour part to get it to “legendary”. After that (and after I leveled my 7th character to 50 and did all side quests with him aswell), I will quit the game.

I - again - see no way to get the, this time, “special relics” (guard-, royal, saviour- etc.) without crowns (1250 crowns x4 per item = 100 Euro lol) aka to upgrade from legendary to mythic. This might be, because the only battle-section, where you can determine the difficulty is “skirmish”. I raised that to “III” (65) (which I can bear with more or less no problems, but the next grade is already a no go for me without loooots of luck (71) .
So, if the chests in higher levels (difficulty I->X) grant better rewards, then the droprate for those special relics is probably comparable to salvaging and hoping for a scroll/rune (0,1-0,01% ).

And this makes the game obviously pay to win for me, why I finally raise my middle fingers and say goodbye.

It would be so easy to keep the flow up for us players, by simply making those shards/currency interchangeable with each other. I mean…gold for example…why is it capped? Because it is no problem to get 30k a day with ease? Who cares, if the only important thing, you can buy for it is one weekly random determined glyph? Personally I buy every day those low level keys aswell, sometimes up to diamond…only to NOT REACH the gold-cap and not because I need those keys!

Or shards…I got like 80k armour shards atm, which will rot forever in my inventory, because the game offers different gear sets, but no way to upgrade them all. You need to focus on one gear set and can salvage everything else (especially if you know, what you do, what is not the case for all starting players!). This leaves no way for trial and error aka equipment changes.

When your followers reached their max level (and you can not upgrade them further, because of missing crystals, which you will definetly never get enough from to upgrade them to level 50, not even to level 45: Hello Dark Hunter, Hello Resh!) , you can open those crap chests with food aswell. At this point, you don’t need to “craft” minions for food anymore (as if you ever needed…).

Anyway, just my 5 cents again.
Over and out.

Oh dear, from this comment it seems like you have been playing skirmishes and not dungeons. Scroll the battle screen to the side and you’ll see dungeons. Do Dungeons to get T4 relics (your “special relics”) as you won’t get them in skirmish chests. Same for follower crystals, you need to do dungeon battles to get them. Specific dungeons give specific T4 relics and specific follower crystals.
In regards to the drop rate I opened 1200 chests from the Ruins of Morsauloth at level 75, difficulty V. From that I got 4 T4 relics which is a drop rate of 0.33%. Pretty horrible but not ridiculous. Because the drops are determined by a random number generator you can get lucky and get 2x in 2 days and then none for a week. With a reasonable farming effort you can get 4 to upgrade an item in a few weeks. I also got a decent number of T3 relics which Evelyn can make in to T4 relics at a rate of 500 gems, 1000 ore, 1x of her crystals and 4x T3 relics for a random T4 relic. (You don’t need to level Evelyn all the way to 50)
As for crystals I actually had a greater than 2% drop rate so getting followers to 50 is certainly possible.
As for the gold cap. Get Soulchaser to level 50 and start getting him to craft weapons. You will soon keep running out of gold whilst he gives about a 1% chance for a legendary weapon to drop. Or use one of the other followers to craft gear if you don’t want weapons.

EDIT: I hope you’re in a kingdom as glyphs can sometimes show up in the kingdom bazaar.

2 Likes

100% agree. Even a way to downgrade unwanted glyphs into gems + ore + T3 relic would be something.

Some form of selling glyphs for atleast a chance at others would be useful at the very minimum.

But overall the expense is just too much even for someone who has put in 200+ hours.

I actually had my first glyph today from kingdom store for around 2.3k food which was nice i also recieved in a steel chest a 2 mythic runes which was a nuce surprise.