Possible Bug: Daily Deal Spells Offer Too-High Level Spells

Platform, device and operation system
N/A

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I purchased a Daily Deal for a random spell.

The following spell was awarded.

Cross-referencing @EliteMasterEric 's website for spells, this appears to be the level 50 Shaman spell. I have a Shaman, but not at level 50. I have no level 50 characters on my account as of yet.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Is this a once-off issue or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen in specific circumstances?

Unknown. Possible result of a lucky dice roll and/or that the Daily Deal rolls against all possible non-dungeon spells in the database, ignoring all player attributes or registered character types on an account.

Steps to make it happen again
Please detail the steps taken to trigger this bug. The more detailed the breakdown, the easier it is for us to test in-house.

1. Buy a spell Daily Deal.
  2. Get lucky???

All characters are going to need to upgrade their level 50 spells eventually, so I think this is working as intended and you just got lucky.

Coding the spell drops so that you can’t get this spell before you reach level 50 on Shaman, or level 50 on any character is unnecessary complexity, and this game has enough bugs already. :slight_smile:

Pretty sure Mage follower does the exact same thing. It drops from every spell in the game, including class and dungeon spells. It seems to be intended.

This was just a lucky dice roll.

To clarify, the levels listed on my site are level-up rewards. When you reach the given level, you receive a common copy of the spell. This is not an unlock requirement.

You can get these spells earlier through the spell crafting follower or from chests. You can obtain multiple copies of them (which can be used to upgrade to the next rarity), and you can obtain higher rarity copies from drops as well. If you obtain a spell “early”, you can use it immediately.

For example, you can obtain Blackjack before reaching Assassin level 30, then you can use it right away. You will still obtain another copy of the spell at level 30, at which point you will have two copies which you can equip in parallel on the same hero (see Tacet’s final boss clear, where he used 3 copies of one spell).

In the late game, you will be seeking multiple copies of the same spell for the purpose of ascension.

I don’t consider the fact that you received Pure Venom “early” a bug. My page was simply somewhat misleading. The only thing I would clarify is to indicate to the user that they have received a new spell when they level up.

I agree with all of you.

The question here is really “Is this intended behavior”? Right now, it sure does look like it. But, is this really the way this functionality is really supposed to work? Maybe, maybe not. Hence the “possible” bug report. I’m personally on the fence on this one, so I wrote up the bug report to inquire for a clarification on the observed behavior. There’s only two real possibilities here: “working as intended” or “not working as intended”.

Either way, an official clarification on the situation is beneficial to everyone.

1 Like

I’m talking to the devs about this now, and should have more information for you soon.