[REPORTED] Server Error Force Restart from Kingdom Chat

Platform, device and operation system

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
When in Kingdom chat clicking on “Go to Kingdom” caused following error and game restart:

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Is this a once-off issue or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen in specific circumstances?
May have happened previously but unsure - did not investigate.
Not 100% consistent at first but was able to replicate multiple times this evening so may be some or exactly the sequence listed below.

Steps to make it happen again
Please detail the steps taken to trigger this bug. The more detailed the breakdown, the easier it is for us to test in-house.

1. Be on Battles area
  2. Select Versus
  3. Select Open Tourney
  4. Open Chat
  5. Select Kingdom Chat
  6. Select Go to Kingdom
  • May need to be the last person to have entered a message.
    ++ Message May need to contain and exclamation point (!).

1 Like

@Tacet @Salty @Gary @EliteMasterEric @Sibelios @Kafka @Actreal @Tresk @Marin @Elric

Bumping this since I haven’t seen a reply or acknowledgement.

I mentioned a bunch if users who I have seen are fairly active in the community to ask if something was done wrong that these posts wouldn’t be attended to. (Limited to 10 mentions so I’ll have to reply with extra ones)

Obviously Dev and community members are busy and under no obligation to reply just as we are under no obligation and it’s 100% a personal choice to post in the first place. But why would I keep making reports or trying to help when post aren’t even acknowledged; if they are even read at all??

*Lots of messages before and after with replies.

*Response not as expected in this topic but still would be nice…

@Mythos @Salokin @Scott.Mermelstein @Jeto @Hawx @Lelouch @Lyrian @Heastorm @Hagane @OminousGMan

I’ve just tested this and can confirm the bug. I’ve captured a screen recording of it and will complete the bug template also.

Platform, device and operation system
Samsung S21 Ultra (Andriod 11)

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
That at any game mode, I can select chat, kingdom chat and use the ‘go to kingdom’ button

Instead this causes a server error:

Alerted today via this bug report and so decided to test to verify the OP’s issue

Steps to make it happen again

Be on Battles area
Select Versus
Select Open Tourney
Open Chat
Select Kingdom Chat
Select Go to Kingdom

Screen will go black, server error will be shown followed by a game crash

(there needed to be no special conditions, our kingdom doesn’t use the in game chat frequently so there was no member posting at the same time or an ‘!’ was not needed either. Just the above steps

Screen recording uploaded to my Flikr:

Imgur

3 Likes

Followed OP steps, error occurred as reported:

2 Likes

This also happens when choosing a quick battle (instead of open tourney)

1 Like

Hello friends,

I just repro’d this issue and have since reported this issue to the Development team. Looks similar to a previous bug but a new way about to get to it.

Thanks for the screenshots and repro steps!

Jeto -Support Team Human :woman_mage:t2:

1 Like

@Hawx @Sibelios @Tresk @Jeto

Thanks all for the responses!

2 Likes