[RESOLVED] Game Froze and Stuck At "Loading Assets" After Restart

Platform, device and operation system
Android, Pixel 4A 5G, Android 11 (with Android Security Update April 5, 2021)

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
Game froze up during PVP tournament where I had won. I had no choice but to restart the game and upon restart the game goes no further than the splash screen with the progress bar reading “Loading Assets” and stuck with the bar stuck approximately 70% across. I have waited several minutes for the progress bar to move with no success.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
First time I’ve seen this happen and it happened this evening maybe 20 minutes after the game day reset and I was going through the PVP tournament matches.

Steps to make it happen again
Happens every time I restart the game. Have cleared cache. Force stopped app. Restarted device. No joy - it just gets stuck at the same point every time.

I have this same thing.

Happened 8 days ago and I had to reinstall but did not have the game backed up yet. Could not get in, took 8 days for support to get back. They got me back in game just for me to play one battle, game freezes, then I restart game and its stuck on ‘Loading Assets’ screen just like you. I have an S20.

I just cleared all cache on phone. I know you said you did that but it worked for me. I cleared all phone cache, had to google it but it worked maybe it will for you as well.

Just want to chime in that the game ALSO freezes and stkicks when trying to go to the Social tab.

Same screen completely freezes on the social tab. Have to hard restart all other tabs work

The Social tab STILL freezes the game. PLEASE FIX IT

There’s no solution here despite it being marked as resolved. Got this issue now 8 months later and have tried everything suggested. Fix this please.

Ok it seems to be corrupted character data. I attempted to load the game for like an hour until it finally loaded. I switched from the character that was slotted and restarted and the issue did not repeat. Deleted the broken character and the issue no longer happens.