Salvage Items needs improvement

Today I went to salvage a single epic purple Trarg shoulder that I did not need since I had it in Legendary.

I received 100 aether.

I have no idea if I salvaged a Mythic by mistake. I swear it was only the single item in the salvage window. I am now wondering if I salvaged a Mythic shoulder and not an Epic Shoulder.

I would like you to add a box that requires you to type something like “YES.” to confirm you want to salvage a mythic item.

I would also like a better LOCK on my gear than just the favorite. I was to be able to LOCK my main set pieces so that I cannot salvage them without some significant obstructions.

My id is “ESOXNEPA_FMHQ”. I am not asking for the item back or any form of intervention, but @Jeto can you tell me what I salvaged. It was around 6:30 eastern daylight time on 8/30/24.

2 Likes

This is a complex issue because the balance between protecting players from accidental salvages and having too many confirmation screens hindering your gameplay is not easy to reach. I still remember the last time they increased the “salvage protection”, how frustrating it became having to click so many times to salvage anything.

In my opinion the current balance is nice with the favorite system. Once you favorite something it becomes much difficult to accidentaly salvage it. However, I agree that an additional confirmation when trying to salvage a mythic (similar to when we try to salvage a minion from current season) can help further protect players. Salvaging a mythic is something we normally don’t do, so an extra confirmation step there won’t hurt.

2 Likes

Whilst it was a slightly different situation the issue of accidentally salvaging mythics was brought up here before. I would still vote for some sort of extra warning when salvaging a Mythic. I don’t think I have ever salvaged a Mythic and I can’t see myself ever doing it on purpose as they are useful for upgrading other gear in one way or another.

2 Likes

I’ll reraise the salvage screen things with the team, like I mentioned previously as Higure has raised - adding in these messages can really disrupt gameplay and I have gotta a lot of mixed feedback about the ones that exist and new ones players want to be put in place.

Not sure when or if changes will come through, but I’ll mention it again!

Unfortunately @Esoxnepa you did salvage a mythic, which is why you got the 100 Aether.

3 Likes

To me, it only needs to be some kind of lock for Mythic items.

I have to salvage so many normal Legendary and below per Mythic that I pull, that somehow accidentally salvaging a mythic is very aggravating.

1 Like