Steam Exclusive Items

@Jeto Thank you for the update, and for discussing this with the team!

A few more thoughts: When the Jeweled Golden Grasp and Serpentine Flame Ring were first released, they were already “hardwired” to be included in a set. This can be seen when you go to the item information page and scroll once to the right - it will show the set that those items belong to. The problem is that it will say “1 of 1 pieces equipped” for the set, which means there is a bug that prevents that item from being properly considered as part of its respective set.

Compare this with other special items. If you open the Lucky Clover Ring, Mirror Shield, or Eveline’s Locket information pages and scroll once to the right, it does not show them belonging to any item set. Thus, these items were not initially intended to be part of a set, whereas the Jeweled Golden Grasp (JGG) and Serpentine Flame Ring (SFR) were apparently intended to be part of a set. I mean, it’s literally within their names. If the JGG and SFR were not intended to be parts of those sets, then why were they named according to a set, why were they made to look identical to the items they would replace, and why were they coded to have an information page showing their position in the set?

I don’t think this is really a can of worms for player balancing - the JGG changes the bonus from “X percent damage bonus against Blinded enemies” for “against Stunned enemies”, and the SFR changes the bonus from “Gain Regen if you match X gems” to “Gain Haste if you match (X+1) gems.” These are beneficial changes, but they aren’t world-shattering… and they’re not free. Rather than a can of worms, I think it’s just a can of bugs that need to be squashed. Either that, or refund the purchase price to players like me who bought the items thinking they would contribute to a set bonus… since it’s literally part of the name, the items look identical, and the item information pages show them as belonging to a set. I would prefer just fixing the items so they contribute to a set bonus; but if that’s not possible, I think a refund is the next best solution, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Steam items should be part of the set

I think it would be great if all sets had 7 or 8 gear pieces so more Set combinations would be available
Would open up the possibility of having two III sets, currently limited due to weapon being part of all sets
While the extra item are created/rolled out for each set:
How about an unlockable Aura for each set (new quest/battle option for each Dungeon/Area) that could substitute for an Gear Set slot (so Aura + 3 items would provide Set bonus II)
Aura could then provide another resource sink - starts common and has to be evolved up
Eventually each set gets 6 + 1 new gear + 1 Aura
(or maybe 6 + 1 new gear + Aura + 1 purchasable gear/steam exclusive)

More gear slots would be an interesting option (e.g. left arm, right arm)

1 Like

@Jeto In regard to my last post - If the Developers will not consider fixing the Steam exclusive items that are supposed to be part of a set (e.g., the Serpentine Flame Ring and the Jeweled Golden Grasp) sot that they contribute to their respective set bonuses, what would be the method to request a refund? I purchased these items with the understanding they were part of a set and could contribute to the set bonus; however, it has been months, and it is still unclear whether the Developers will even consider fixing this.

2 Likes

Hey all,

This is something the team is still looking at, whether it is changed to be included in the set or if they are potentially renamed/better messaging to differentiate these from the armor sets.

If you are wanting to process a refund for these, it is not something we have access to in Support but found here:

@Jeto Regarding requesting a refund, I already contacted Steam, but they said they cannot provide a refund because I’ve played the game for more than 2 hours. However, it wasn’t until I played the game for more than 2 hours that I tried using the Steam exclusives in their respective sets and discovered they don’t contribute to getting a set bonus. Thus, the only option for a refund is through the PQ3 Developers.

I would much rather that the items just work the way they are supposed to. You mentioned the following two options:

1. Change the items so they are included in the set
  2. Rename the items with better messaging to differentiate these from the armor sets.

I think Option 1 is the way to go - the items were named and already partially-programmed to be parts of a set; players purchased the items with the understanding the items would be part of a set; the items give key benefits that are appropriate for their prices without throwing things out-of-balance. If the Developers go with Option 2, they will need to refund players since they are changing the functionality that players paid for. I paid for an item that said it would be part of a set - you can’t sell me a car and then reprogram it to be a toilet without giving me a refund, LOL.

Again, I would MUCH rather have Option 1. But if the Developers won’t fix the items, then Option 2 will be what’s left. However, I think Option 2 is more complicated than Option 1 since I’ve spent time, money, and resources upgrading my items.

1 Like

Good luck with your refund Aeon. Sincerely.

1 Like

We are working on option 1 (as @AeonNhiyr described) as our first choice, but as mentioned should that not be the case we have option 2 as a backup.

If there was a situation where the team decided to change the name after not being able to include the pieces of Gear in their relative set, there would be a discussion then about what we can do for players who had previously purchased these items.

But as this is all just discussion, I can’t make any guesses as to what the outcome of option 2 would look like, if that was the case.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update, @Jeto !! :smiley: Much appreciated! I really hope y’all go with Option 1 :smiley:

Hi @Jeto! Just wanted to check in and see if Update 1.4 will include a fix for this bug? Really hoping to be able to use the Serpentine Flame Ring as a set with other Serpentine items! :nerd_face: (Also the Jeweled Golden Grasp with other Jeweled items)

1 Like

Hi @Jeto and @Kafka! I’m checking in again to see if Update 1.4.5 will include a fix for this bug that affects the Steam DLC I paid for? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Really hoping to be able to use the Serpentine Flame Ring as a set with other Serpentine items! :nerd_face: (Also the Jeweled Golden Grasp with other Jeweled items)

Last month there was a mention that there might be a fix

3 Likes

Adding a 7th item to sets - either through items, or some other means (like completing adventure quests to get additional hero training) would add an extra element to the game

Couldn’t they just share the spot with the other item in the set? Serpentine ring, steam or normal, can only give one piece to the bonus. You already can’t wear both of the jeweled gloves. It is not adding a 7th option, just allowing the exclusive item to fill the slot that the normal one does.

1 Like

Sure, they could
But I really want 7 items per set so I can have more options for builds with different set bonuses

While @Mythos 's idea would be nice, @00h00m 's idea is simply the bare minimum that should ALREADY be working out of the box. Instead, I’ve had this item for months and haven’t gotten the set bonus that I should be getting… that is literally advertised in the name of the item.

The requested change to the steam items does not provide a 7th set item for more options for builds since the item occupies the same gear slot as a pre-existing item. It doesnt open up any gear set bonus opportunities, it doesn’t provide anything more than simply making a paid for item with a slightly different ability be equivalent in use to a freely acquired item of the same named set

Certainly the addition of options would enhance gear building but this adjustment to the steam items should be done for equity. Why sbould someone who pays for a featured item end up in a worse position as a result? It makes no sense.

2 Likes

Would 2 different types of rings, in the same slot, not at least give the possibility of having one other set gear slot free?
(I get 2 rings the same don’t, but 2 different rings might)

I just want 7 items per set to open the door for new set bonus combinations

@Mythos I agree that having 7-item sets would be great since it would open up more possibilities for combinations.

Having said that, what I’m trying to get fixed is the fact that an item I purchased (Serpentine Flame Ring) does not contribute to the 6-item set it’s supposed to be a part of. The name says “Serpentine” and the in-game item description shows it’s part of the Serpentine Set, but it does not contribute to the set’s bonuses. I want the functionality that’s already “baked in” to get fixed before they think of adding different functionality or different dynamics.

1 Like

You are 100% correct, top and only focus, should be on getting this fixed
Apologies for the derail

Once this is fixed, plenty of time for what ifs

1 Like

oh, no worries at all @Mythos ! No need to apologize! :blush: You have great ideas here!

1 Like

Hi @Jeto and @Kafka! I’m checking in again x2 to see if Update 1.4.5 will include a fix for this bug that affects the Steam DLC I paid for? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Really hoping to be able to use the Serpentine Flame Ring as a set with other Serpentine items! :nerd_face: (Also the Jeweled Golden Grasp with other Jeweled items)

Last month there was a mention that there might be a fix

3 Likes