Steam Exclusive Items

It’s officially been a full six months since this issue/bug was originally reported, and still no word whether these paid items will get fixed :cry:

2 Likes

Hi @Jeto @Kafka @OminousGMan @WarlockPrime

Just a reminder that it has been almost 7 months since this bug was brought up for Steam exclusive items that cost real-world money. The furthest progress we’ve had is changing the category from “Bug Report” to “Game Feedback & Ideas” (even though this is actually a bug) and a few statements that the issue is under investigation:

One and a half months ago, we were told that we’d have an update in a week: (no update yet)

Two weeks ago we were told the issue would be followed up on:

May I kindly ask what is the current state of this bug? And again, the reason that I’m trying so fervently to follow up on this is because I paid real-world money for these items and frankly expect the items to work correctly. As we’ve discussed months ago, fixing these bugs is truly NOT a game-altering change, and it does NOT bestow game-breaking benefits. It would simply allow gamers to receive the gear-set bonus that is advertised by the item names (i.e., “Serpentine” and “Jeweled”). Thank you for your understanding, and I hope to hear back on the progress soon!

7 Likes

I’m amazed at your patience and civility. I’d be spitting nails at this point if I were in your shoes.

1 Like

Here’s where I’m hoping the next update is lots quality of life and bug fixes for stuff like this. Now that adventure mode is released there is nothing else I am aware of that is massive and that needs to be done, but there are tons of small/medium things that truly need working on or fixing.

2 Likes

Cross posting related comments in a different thread:

And as a big reminder:

3 Likes

Hey @AeonNhiyr
Replying here to keep other thread still on topic, as this has been shared in other unrelated threads.

As you have quoted, we confirmed we will be changing the names of the Steam DLC within the December blog post, as they will not be included in these Gear sets.
Also, as I mentioned previously, if this was the route we would go with, we are discussing what we can do for players who have made this purchase.

I understand this has been an ongoing issue, and behind the scenes the CX team has been raising this regularly with both the Development team and the Production team.
As this was officially confirmed by the teams in December, we are have been since working on what the compensation will be, which also involves various teams. Unfortunately, team CX, as determined as we are, we can’t just make the choice and get that happening ourselves.

We will continue to sharing any further information, once we have some to share.

ps. I will also remove posts about this issue, in other unrelated threads, to keep the discussion in one place and not derail any other bug threads or get any related updates to that thread, lost.

2 Likes

Thank you for the well communicated update
Don’t suppose there is any timeline for this (or these types of things)?

No timeline just yet.
But as an understanding of the process: We will create a list suggestions for compensation (this includes multiple departments) and pass them up for approval.
Once this is completed, it then is passed on to our development team to implement and then roll out to those who had purchased the DLC - which means the team have to grab the purchasing data for anyone who has purchased that bundle between a range of dates, and push the mail out to them specifically.

For my own transparency as I have been active on this discussion most recently (but again, all of CX has been working on this) this is what I had prepared as potential options so far. Please note it would be one item as opposed to a bundle of items;

• A collection of resources to be able to upgrade other items of gear, as the DLC items do not benefit from being in a Gear Set. This could be limiting as I don’t want to offer random resources and have NONE of them be beneficial.
  • Either Crowns or Gems (amount undetermined) so those players affected can then make their own choice of what they would like to have.

As much as I would love to have a new piece of gear created instead, this is not an option.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Jeto - Thank you SO much for the update and explanation… I truly appreciate it! :grinning: For me it was the lack of any decisions from the developers that was making me uncomfortable, making it seem like they were just trying to brush it all under the rug and hope it would just go away… Which puts me in action mode, wanting to make sure that don’t happen. Now that I know they’ve let you update us on this and that they’re making progress, I feel a little better. :smiley:

Personally, I don’t think the option for resources is good, for the same reasons you mentioned. I like the idea for either crowns or gems, as long as it is actually commensurate with the value we are losing from the two DLC items. Another idea is to offer us our choice for one Dragonking Set Item, heh heh.

Jeto, is it possible to the use the Choose-Your-Own Flash Offer interface to present a list of possible compensation offers for a player to choose from? Or does that functionality not exist with that feature currently? (If it doesn’t, perhaps this might be something for potential future development?)

1 Like

@Lyrian this is something I am not sure is available to limit to specific accounts, as we only want this to appear for players who have the DLC purchased on their account.
But currently have the Choose-Your-Own-X offers (the Glyph and Relic being unfortunate examples).

But I have added this suggestion to my list!

2 Likes

Cross posting!

2 Likes

@Jeto :blush::pray:

1 Like