Update 1.5 Patch Notes

Just an assumption - after being stun, it’s enemy’s turn again. The moves it made have happened, but were not seen because of the restart. It looks like it matched the 5 purple match (3rd column), 4 red match (6th column), and not sure what else. Further confirmation of the taken turn is the regeneration drop from 24 to 23, disappearance of heroic effort and it explains the lower armor because, outside of PVP, enemies attack without matching skulls.

1 Like

Hrmm… that sounds right.

So it sounds like, off-camera, the stun resolved on start-up before the game board appeared. The opponent moved the board, auto-attacked, and it looks like I successfully blocked the attack. Turn passed because (as you mentioned) Stun/Heroic/Haste/Regen ticked a turn and most effects correctly expired.

Still scratching my head though regarding the enemy taking ~14k Armor damage though in the turn I was stunned. I don’t wear any reflective gear in my normal PvE setup. I wonder though… did the game somehow auto-attack on my side while off-camera? 14k is too high for normal player auto-attack damage, but if the game considered the Heroic Effort buff on the auto-attack (if that happened), then that damage total might be possible for an unblocked attack with a 50 Weapon? I don’t think there’s any way to prove that though outside of a dev checking the log of the battle, if that’s even possible without a error code to point to the battle in question?

True story. And I hope you took my tongue-in-cheek comment in the spirit intended. That being… you do so much number crunching and work for this game. Everyone owes you at least a taco, if not a year supply. Seriously. Thank you for all of it.

And I want to believe minions will someday matter. But the food/chest thing made them largely irrelevant there. And the only other place they almost matter is pvp, where they also do not matter.

I think a big fix for minions would be to not have any relics needed for ascending them. Lord knows I have more minion glyphs than Dog right now. I could conjur a gram of excitement about that if I could ascend those loveable worthless beasts without a relic.

Minions will never ever ever matter in pvp unless they completely revamp it. So their main reality is opening chests. They are removing chests from story, and late gamers have food out the wazoo. So… ummmm… what’s a minion again? Besides that place where my glyph draws go to die? lol

3 Likes

Grabbing what I can from here all at once :sparkles:

This should be fixed in 1.5.5!

I shared your screenshots & description with the team @Lyrian and they believe this is related to a soft lock after stun issue that has been resolved in 1.5.5 as well, but will keep an eye out in case this is not the same thing.

In regards to general comments on Minions, we do have plans for reworking them. More information on that to come!

3 Likes

This would likely be an impossible nightmare to balance, but minions we could equip for buffs in non pvp battles, are a daydream of mine. Maybe even toned down to a % chance to proc the buff, based on level. Anyway, probably way too hard to do at this point, but I can dream!

1 Like

This punched me right in the gut

stares at pile of 30+ minion glyphs in contempt

5 Likes

Minion glyphs are good for upgrading seasonal minions to get extra seasonal currency from completing the legendary minion goals. That’s how I use mine

5 Likes

Pre 1.5 break time

Dev 1: Oi, we’re gonna be flat out like a lizard drinkin’–see what’s comin’?

Dev 2: Can’t be as bad as “reduce clicks” bit, cannit?

Dev 1: Crikey, I hope not. Bit of a dog’s breakfast that.

Dev 1: So where ya reckon we put the AP toggle?

I’m not even sure if it’s worth worrying about as I use timer only for pvp (and if I forget to click click click click click and toggle back to AP after PVP).

2 Likes

I’ve already been caught out a few times switching from autoplay in AP mode then doing stuff forgetting that I’m not in my usual play style of timer mode.

It definitely is a chore switching between them

Maybe it’s a good idea to put that AP/timer option in the battle tab instead?

1 Like

Must be one heck of a roadmap!

5 Likes

Just addressing this real quick

At the time of my post, I was working on the roadmap and it was literally empty beyond 2.0 and even 2.0 was a couple of dot points and the aim was to have at least 2.0 - 2.3 (hopefully). In it’s current state I don’t want to share with everyone a roadmap that just has one update in it. That’s not exciting nor informative, and not even a roadmap at that stage! That’s like a road stop, of one update.

Alas, I have been poking at the team for what is confirmed for future updates, which has to also be confirmed not just within our studio but with our publishing team. Once some more things are set in stone, or, as set as they can be to announce in a roadmap, I will be posting asap!

1 Like

If you have something to share, even if it is just the next stop on the way, I am sure many (if not all) of us here would like to hear about it

3 Likes