Update 1.5 Patch Notes

I’d also like to see a bump to gear space for season 1.5 gear. It will be many many months before I can get Northelm to level 50 too.

EDIT: I feel Northelm 50+ is kind of an endgame bonus. The inventory is still too restrictive especially given the regular release of new gear.

4 Likes

I agree.
I have also posted our need in Scotty we need more vault space! a few days before.

3 Likes

The northelm upgrade almost feels like it was developed poorly, I cant use it and it just frustrates me every time I look in my inventory. Maybe a year from now northelm ability will be useful but for now WE NEED MORE SPACE!

2 Likes

Any update on this issue @Kafka? We are back to the days of Early Access where everyone is now madly scrambling to farm up the new must-have-PvP-gearset-if-you-want-PvP-reward-gems (in this case it is now Bloodfang Armor).

It would be nice to know what the direction is here before lots of players spend their days farming for gear unnecessarily.

Actually I can answer this!

We’re going to adjust the scoring in 1.5.5 for turns, to account for a larger loss in score for longer battles than intended.

And when is this 1.5.5 of which you speak?

GorgeousGraciousGadwall-size_restricted

Some of the details are still finalised, which is why we had not given an ETA when we announced 1.5, as 1.5.5 does include some major changes such as the Kingdom Bazaar, Overkill etc and we want to take as much time as it needs to get it right.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply

Take all the time you need…

4 Likes

Is end of January still the expectation?

1 Like

That is the hope!
But we will post the patch notes again in advance before release & this will include a release date window rather than a specific date, like we have in the past.

3 Likes

What about roadmap for 2023? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Working on it as I type this reply.

5 Likes

Is the skip button new when opening chests? I feel like it hasn’t been there before. Although it’s not in the patch notes as far as my searching went. In any case:

I find myself pressing the skip button three times before it activates when opening chests. There seems to be a lag between its showing and you being able to press it. It would be nice if you were able to press it the moment it’s displayed on the screen.

2 Likes

I second this. I also don’t recall when this became available but noticed it about 3-4 days ago and was excited to see it. I have the same experience; I end up pressing the button multiple times so I gave up on it.

Personally I would like to continue to recommend my feedback that I have been offering for months and months: Do away with the “unfurling” list of of items and instead have one reveal with a screen that shows an “inventory list” of your items, viewable all in the same screen. Include a Salvage all button to quickly dispose of unwanted items. Do whatever you can to minimize the amount of time opening a chest as this is a huge time sink that adds no value to the experience.

11 Likes

Hi @Jeto, I honestly don’t understand this answer in regards to the issue that was created in Update 1.5 with scoring. As we have detailed, the issue is that turn 1 wins via skulls generate a higher score than generating mana in turn 1 to power spells and then having to wait until your next turn (which is turn 3 vis-a-vis scoring) to potentially defeat the enemy. With the elimination of chip damage (which would have possibly given you a similar timing win condition as skulls) and the change in starting mana, that means the only viable strategy to maximize scoring is a build/matchup that relies on starting board skulls to defeat your enemy. This result simply shifts the previous issue of a narrow maximizing score win condition from one build (starting match with full mana spells) to another build (items which maximize the number of potential skulls on the staring board).

Can you explain how your response addresses this issue?

1 Like

@Jeto FYI, in my view this minion is not working properly. The ability states that it “Heals 1x Armor and Resistance”. Generally, “1x” refers to the multiple to apply to the sum of Minion Level, Mastery, and Power to derive the value. This can be somewhat inconsistent in past patch notes but other minions that heal armor/life/resistance have a similar 1x value (see below).

This minion however seems to have a 0.1x multiple instead of the listed 1x multiple. Here are my currently equipped stats for this minion:

This is an extract from my minion calculator to validate the stats of minions based on inputs:

As you can see with my equipped stats and Heal value, the multiple being applied is only x0.1.

As mentioned, there are 3 other minions that have heal values (increasing armor/life/resistance) and they generally have x1.0 or x0.5

6 Likes

Meanwhile I have no idea or care what any minions do. lol I say this with no irony! Someone buy Sib a taco. Fighting the good fight! Also… what’s a minion again? (that’s for the devs.)

4 Likes

I appreciate both posts, the one from Sibelios and Tresks one. But the wage is on Tresks side with big thanks to Sibelios work here.

As long as minions don’t do anything in the game (to open chests doesn’t count, really!) Sibelios’ work IS NOT honored in any way from devs side; this is fact and for sure not only my opinion.

Many players are more than skilled enough to avoid minion actions in PvP so it’s like Tresk stated: what’s a minion again?

Really, after nearly 2 years so many aspects could have been changed (to the better), minions could have been one thing from the list. And what happened? → N O T H I N G

3 Likes

You never know when certain aspects of the game change. Perhaps minions will be more useful later and then we wont be having to bug fix a bunch of them all at once when people are paying more attention.

Firewalker’s necklace essentially didn’t work for nearly two years but now it’s a really helpful piece of gear (now that it’s fixed!)

4 Likes

Unsure if this is fixed in 1.5.5 (similar to the skull stun softlock).

• Enemy matching Player Shaman’s Juju Gems to make a row from generated Big III gems and stunning the player results in a soft-lock.

*Restarting the game to re-enter the battle instance resolved the softlock.

Strange that the player’s and opponent’s armor changed on restart, and the state of the board:thinking:

1 Like