Changes to Dungeon Chests and Elite Tourneys

Excellent news! Thanks for expediting these, rather than waiting for 37. Much appreciated!

These all look like positive changes, but I’m really hoping there will be a bit more to this next update given it is about 4 weeks since we got 0.36 and all the feedback that has generated.

• Lack of ore to run followers.
  • Difficulty spike - players unable to advance through the story/unlock citadel.
  • Expectation to have multiple levelled Epic pieces when the reality is you won’t have found one, or the shards to level it, or lack the relics to evolve a Rare.
  • Duration of battles.
  • Time it takes to play the daily content.
  • Equipment abilities didn’t scale at all with the rebalance
  • Spells are now relatively much weaker while simultaneously being hit with higher cost to cast and slower mana generation from matches.

0.36 has turned this into something of a slog and we’re waiting for the update that either adds the parts of the rebalance that were left out of 0.36, or addresses the feedback from it.

1 Like

I’ve been running a few dungeons runs today and here are some stats:

• Played in Clockwork Halls - a few difficulty I and the rest on hard because the rest just takes too long now sigh - the last 20ish runs were made during party runs.
  • 68 runs - 32 iron chests - 25 gold chests - 10 ruby chests - 1 diamond chest
  • got 1 Adhakus’s Crystal after 24 runs in a ruby chest lvl 55 dungeon
  • got a 2nd Adhakus’s Crystal after 39 runs (in total) again in a ruby chest but lvl 35 this time (since lvl 50 dungeons level and chests are still bugged)
  • I haven’t seen any relic at all :frowning:

I wasn’t able to play more for now but our suspicions are that followers’ crystals could drop for the followers in the chapters they were introduced in (2 is definitely not enough to disregard some kind of coincidence though…)

2 Likes

Got a lot of people farming up those dungeons right now. In the immortal words of someone I respect greatly:

2 Likes

I thought you already did this…

Our next update will address a few issues that the community has been communicating.

• We are looking into the difficulty spike.
  • We are looking into the increase in time taken to play daily content
  • Relics will have more availability to help with upgrading

We are also looking more broadly at balancing again, and will be addressing this further as we move into world wide release.

2 Likes

So you are saying there is an “increased chance”. But what was the chance before?

Given this evidence, Relics from Dungeons never ever lived up to “small chance” that was pitched even into 0.36 with this:

So obviously I’m ecstatic to hear about an “increased chance”. But does that mean that the drop rates have improved?

Interesting! So theoretically, the drop rates could have remained the same but the “increased chance” could be the result of Wooden Chests being removed and Iron Chests supposedly being included in the eligible chests. Given the fact that no one has yet communicated that they have found a Relic, it’s beginning to feel like this is the more likely scenario. I hope that’s not the case.

2 Likes

Weapon consolidation huzzah.
Increased drops, huzzah.

Increased drops = 0.1 % to 0.2% !

What about glyphs though? Relics could be made as common as runes/scrolls, and it would make no difference if the glyphs to go with it aren’t added.

2 Likes

Seriosuly even if I wanted to pay for them (if there cost was reduced) I have only seen 2 in the store since the patch. This is with 1 to 3 store refreshes a day.

I have never seen an accessory glyph…not sure if they exist.

I will say I have received a glyph via a tournament in tier 6 or 7 which bodes well.

This is so true. Glyph access has to be addressed as well.

Seeing as the “increased chance” pitched 4 days ago is beginning to look like I described let’s hope the next Relic availability update will actually have measurable results. This current “increase” is basically gaslighting. Feel free to share the before and after drop rate figures to correct me.

P.S. This is what happens when you keep using the word “chance” and sticking various adjectives in front. Eventually the word means nothing. Simply publish the actual rates or “chances” for Dungeon Chests and then everyone will know the score; it’s right there on the salvage tooltip so I don’t get why it’s such a mystery other than the developer wants to obfuscate and mislead people.

3 Likes

Still not logging back in. Spinning my wheels rolling new characters because it’s the only way to get relics, and I can’t get good enough gear to fight monsters 15-20 levels below my main is just not fun at all. I don’t like feeling like I either must drop tons of cash or do things I don’t want to do in order to progress at all.

Adding some issues for you as you “move into world wide release”:

• Absence of any meaningful updates to Kingdoms (e.g. no activity tracking, no rewards adjustments for active kingdoms, no revisiting Deals, etc.)
  • Pervasive lag, disconnects, server restarts
  • massive issues with resource economy (too many shard types, no means of exchange, too much RNG across content levels, shop deals need better targetting, weapon shards are virtually non-existent, etc)
  • FOOD!
  • ORE!
  • Glyphs are still absurdly rare given the quantity needed
  • Diamond Chest quality - supposedly this was going to be updated
  • Balancing should actually be completed given that spells and gear have not been rethought at all (other than spell mana cost); not sure what “looking more broadly at balancing again” means when the first effort is incomplete
  • Citadel Reset Feature and Citadel stat functionality
  • Meaningful Stats page (all bonuses of equipped loadout should actually be present in Stats page)
8 Likes

Citadel reset should have happened with the 0.36 update since the patch made drastic impact on spell cost.

4 Likes

Just thought I would provide an update as one of your more active players: I have done hundreds of dungeon runs since this “update” and I have gotten 1x Tier 1 (Lesser) Relic. Also 0 glyphs. At some point you guys are going to have to do better at incentives for everyday play. It’s so fruitless right now.

Although I have increased my Mythic Scroll and Rune count by like 500. Yay?

3 Likes

This is a major issue. I hope the next update includes a bunch of “big wins” that impacts the feeling of the game for daily players.

1 Like

I just got my 1st ever relic from a dungeon chest today since this change. Epic Priestly Favor from a level 100 diamond Savior chest. Opened minimum 200 dungeon chests since this update to finally get a single 1 that isn’t even a high enough rarity to do anything.

Still 0 glyphs from chests, and only 2nd chest relic ever since their existence.

Rate of chest relics is less than 1 per month despite 9 chest slots 24/7 opening them.

4 Likes

Sigh… I don’t like being negative… but it’s just honesty.

I’m a daily player too. I got a full epic outfit on my Necro, and it’s nearly impossible for me to fight higher things without the equipment/spells necessary. Which means Legendaries! I have 3 of these total, but only one is decent… the Firewalker ring. The other two are Wall of Fire (bleh) and Mask of Terror (pointless without a more guaranteed way of causing Terror more often.

So, how do I get better? Constant play? Do I HAVE to pay? I mean… we basically NEED glyphs to evolve our stuff, but they don’t exist, outside of the store. Otherwise, you’re at the mercy of a very skewed RNG.

Don’t get me started on how Necros are just harder than Pallys… that’s a different argument altogether. :wink:

1 Like