Scotty we need more vault space!

Hey everyone,

Just a further update to this, just got news from the team that in the v1.1 update we will be adding an additional 25 inventory, to assist in the short term! :sparkles:

This update is currently scheduled for May but is subject to change in case anything comes up.

Increasing player inventory space is still an ongoing discussion within the development team and again, should any further information become available we will keep this thread updated.

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

4 Likes

Yay!

Boo!

Hopefully the discussion goes like this:
“Hey we made a gear-based puzzle game with multiple masteries, gear set bonuses, and no way to modify the gear’s mastery or attributes”
“Do you think we should have an inventory max that allows players to collect the gear?”
“Yes”

P.S. I was talking to a player today. They got 10 Guard’s Belts that they didn’t need while farming for an item that they did want. The proceeded to salvage all 10 Guard’s Belts. The did this salvage action without any help from an inventory cap. See! Players can learn to salvage without an inventory max forcing them.

4 Likes

This is very welcome news (as a short term measure)
And I look forward to a more complete solution in the future

Any chance of extending the “collect mail” timer, to say June, for those rings I have sitting in my mailbox?

2 Likes

What about more shards? You could double the amount gained and it would still be very meager compared to how many are needed to get different sets in different mana affinities, let alone perks.

Shard acquisition potential is actually higher at launch than at any point in Early Access but it does require you to use all potential avenues. This would include multiple playthroughs for storyline rewards, Chests (particularly from storylines and skirmishes), Shop bundles (purchased with gold), Marks (Iron marks from events can purchase Lesser Shards), Salvage (you can use unused minor shards and uncommon runes to evolve common gear to uncommon to salvage for lesser shards), Daily Deals (use those gems!), Kingdom bazaar (if that is available in your kingdom), etc. If you use all the available avenues to procure shards, I would say that its actually pretty abundant.

However, having said that, I have been playing since the start of early access and I’m still chasing Lesser Shards. In some ways that is how the game should work if you are regularly looking to upgrade various gear items.

I’ve been using all of those avenues and I am still coming up very short of even keeping up with a single main character being able to progress in the story past chapter 11. Let alone anywhere near enough spare shards to try and chase equipment I haven’t already put levels into or to try to get gear that works more with my class/build. It’s an insane level of grind especially given how much gear/sets/perks/affinities exist, I can’t even imagine trying to get in to that stuff.

Opening a ruby chest from skirmish this morning after waiting the ~11 hours to get fewer than 10 shards was also extremely disheartening.

I think you are doing all the right things then. This game is certainly meant to be a daily play (or as you say, grind) approach , in other words, a marathon, not a sprint. Are you playing any other classes besides your “single main character”?

last week I had zero lesser armor shards. I had an excess of about 2k minor armor shards and focused the last week on getting all common gear that dropped to level 5 and salvaging it. I now have over 500 lesser shards.

This game kind of steers you into one of two directions:

1. Focus on one thing at a time
    or
  2. just mindlessly grind and collect resources

I’ve done a lot of both. Right now I’m on #1 (I want a mythic sword and willing to sacrifice a ton of resources for it), but before release I was doing #2 for a long time and switched it up every time I wanted to play a different class or try something new.

Since this is an announcement thread about space, and your concern is 100% valid @Motte, I would recommend starting a new thread about your gear situation.

My “main” is in chapter 11 and gear score locked. I’ve played 3 other classes to chapter 3, one of them to 4. But that really feels like an insane grind to get through story content/to 50 without even touching the beast of trying to find optimal gear/sets/perks/affinity etc. I know that (sub-optimal) gear can be used to some degree by other classes (the spells mostly can’t though so those shards are an extra roadblock, but at least you only need to level each spell once?).

It strikes me as problematic from a game, where even someone pouring in way too many hours is stuck as much as I am from “the grind.” I shutter to think of what it might be like to someone putting in an hour a day or so when they run into walls (which happens quite early on, this game is even more unfriendly to newer players before they have followers/follower levels etc).

When such a big part of this game/hook seems to be centered around an RNG gear collection similar to things like Diablo/Destiny/Looter games where even with unlimited drops you can still run into it taking forever to get good rolls with what you are looking for, having such an extreme squeeze on crafting materials to actually get anywhere is wild and frankly feels disrespectful of the time of players. It’s increasingly hard for me to really enjoy what is otherwise a good game when it can take me hours or even a day+ to get the right shards to level one piece of gear up once or twice.

When I think of engaging the broader system beyond just trying to get my gear score up to keep progressing and think of all the shards it will take just trying to find the right perks/affinity for stuff I ask why I am even playing if that is the end game. How many hours is reasonable for that stuff? Would have to grind harder than any MMO even.

If the guys in charge of anything here know how to do one thing, it’s disrespect their players time.

Case in point; useless mastery upgrades when evolving gear at lv35 and lv45

Nice official article with useful information for new players on gear and all the gear sets. It’s just a pity we don’t have nearly enough gear space to make these sets. Especially as it recommends different sets for different heros.

3 Likes

“With these tips in mind, try your own variety of gear sets and spell pairings to outmatch and defeat your opponents!”

Apparently they even think we have space for creativity!

Hey, we’ve added a quick fix in the update we released today, version 1.1, which increases inventory space by 25.

We have more changes coming for inventory space in a future update.

5 Likes

Well, as of a few days ago that’s me back to “Get an item in a chest, decide which item to salvage”

It is partly my own fault as I have quite a few of the Khazdhuli items but I need them as I don’t know which colour set I will end up going for. It depends on what colour epic and legendaries I find and how many relics I have to use for upgrades. I’ve already been salvaging some but am scared I will salvage something I end up needing to make a set. The more I have at the end the better chance I have of making a good mono colour set but this is making gameplay annoying as I don’t have the inventory space to do this.

2 Likes

Can we expect more inventory space in version 1.2?

1 Like

I’d like to comment that inventory vault space is usually also pretty limited in the basic form in other mobile games, what I’m surprised is that for other mobile games you usually can expend inventory space with premium currency. This game however only increase it with a mercenary. I mean I’m ok with this as a free to play option, but for those that want more space and willing to spend, a gem/crown expansion system should also be implemented.

Hey all,

We do have an update on this coming very soon, the development team is in the process of running some tests!

Hey @Jeto Please confirm that this means there is something coming soonTM
NOT
this is another way of saying this (from the update notes Warlock posted)

Inventory
We know this is a big question and top of mind for many players. The Inventory Rework comes with a more considerable rework to the game menus in our 1.3 Update. Thank you for your continued patience, we will have more to share about the Inventory Rework in the July Community Update.

tenor

Pending how testing goes though

2 Likes

AMAZING!!!
Go Testing Go!!!