Scotty we need more vault space!

I’m sooooo disappointed this isn’t coming until 1.3. for some reason I thought it was going to be coming in 1.2.

I already can’t take part in this week’s Elite tournament because I don’t have a correct weapon in a correct colour. I’ve been playing for long enough that I’m sure I would have had the right color weapon at some point but I had to salvage it for the lack of gear space.

Yes I know I could do dungeons to try and get a weapon but with the recent reduction in drop rates for gear it could be a lot of dungeons completed to get a weapon from them. Then I have to run the RNG gauntlet to try and get the right colour. Right now this is a busy time of the year for me and I only just have enough time to do the daily stuff (Although three less season dungeons a day will give me more time) as it is so even if I invest extra time in this it could be the weekend before I get the weapon and by then it will be too late to get it good enough score for gems most likely. (Of course the RNG may favour me and give me a suitable weapon in the very next chest I open if I’m really lucky)

I know everybody’s being clamoring for the kingdoms update which I am also looking forward to but seriously this lack of gear space makes the game annoying. I think I was actually looking forward to having more gear space more than the kingdom part of the update.

If you saw my sigh of relief every time I pulled a rare or epic item and after going to my inventory I saw that I already had a rare or epic version of it in the same colour. You would see how much this means to me as I didn’t have to find something unique to salvage.

2 Likes

I am also very disappointed to hear that there is no gear space increase. Even if there is now a shift of follower revamp to 1.3 there could be a small correction of gear vault space in 1.2!
It is very hard to salvage so many epic gear.
As another consequence I could only keep some Khazduli gear. I think they cannot be got lateron.

Likely you will have the opportunity to secure Seasons gear in the Seasons Archive currently slated for Update 1.3

1 Like

Hello @Kafka ,

You indicate a 6 month timeline (We are there already) and also that inventory will be addressed with the “follower rework”. The follower rework doesnt appear to be happening until 1.5 at the earliest (Six more months?).

Can we have some more inventory bandaids until then? inventory management simulator is really not an appealing part of the journey for those of us who appreciate collecting.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Yes, I agree with Wokel. Inventory management is painful. Was so happy to evolve Northelm and not have to manage gear every single time I opened a chest, just to have to go back to juggling gear the very next day. More slots are really needed!

Also, while on the topic, progression for inventory is something else that could be improved. Northelm crystals are just so far along in the story compared to when you need the inventory space. So it always feels like you’re lacking room, right from the very start.

Honestly, I think the best solution to a lot of problems would just be to straight up untie inventory slots from followers altogether and instead tie it to something else. It’s not like there aren’t plenty of cool things that followers could do, so it would be easy to find something different for Northelm to do.

Perhaps it could be tied to the number of characters you have instead? For each character you have you would get x inventory slots. For example, if you have two characters and each gave 30 inventory spaces, then you would have 60 inventory spaces. That way the number of spaces could grow as more gear is needed for more characters too.

One other thing I think that should be done is make spells unique, as copies have no variation, so there’s no reason to ever have more than one of a spell. The extra copies are only ever useful for shards, so why no just make it so we can only get 1 of each spell, and then get those shards directly? (Edit: to clarify, what I’m suggesting is only allow the game to drop a spell once for a player, and then increase shard drops to compensate.) It would be a big change, but one I’m sure players would be happy to go along with if they were given prior warning and compensation for the spells that they would lose (maybe they could be auto-converted to shards with a slightly higher shard rate than usual to account for any trouble). Then the slots given to duplicate spells could be used for extra inventory space instead. Which would be a great solution. So please consider doing something like that!

But anyway, we definitely need some more temporary fixes if we aren’t going to see changes any time soon.

One thing at a time - More inventory space!!!

Auto-junking spells is probably more complicated - Like if I get a new Level 1 Epic spell, does that auto junk my Level 25 Rare spell?

I would love an auto-junk feature - HOWEVER - would I really need it if I had x5 the inventory space and could just use the mass salvage option once in a while?

Actually, my suggestion is unique spells (don’t even allow the player to have more than one spell, and just remove the ability for more than one copy of the spell to drop, with extra spell shards dropping as necessary to compensate). I’m a programmer, and I know things like inventory space takes up data and memory. Which is why there has to be a cap at all. So that’s why I brought it up. If they’re struggling to find the space for more inventory slots, then a change like having unique spells would mean that less space has to go towards spells. And they could then use that space for the inventory slots. So that’s why I brought it up.

Sure, I see

I just wish we could get more inventory space
I know they said they didn’t want to be “that type of game” where you had to pay to get more space
BUT
I am paying in time to do inventory management (and it’s just not a fun element of the game)

If VIP provided x10 inventory space I would be looking at it’s value proposition very differently than I do right now (and paying for space is not really P2W from my point of view, though I guess others could see it differently)

Looking forwards, new classes, new gear sets - I just want more space

1 Like

I don’t see it as pay to win exactly, but I definitely would see it as a scummy business practice, as it would be withholding essential parts of the game to get money out of us, and they could just give us the spaces without making us pay for them. Thankfully, it seems like they’re willing to give us them and it’s more a matter of having time to sort out how to do so. Like you, I really hope they do it soon though. Hopefully we’ll get some info on what the holdup is soon, as well as either more temporary fixes or a concrete date on when we can expect the issue to be solved.

The problem I have with your suggestion on the spells is that it means that if I have a rare spell, I then have no chance of that spell dropping at a higher rarity because the game would automatically give me shards.
What I would like however is the option to replace the spell wherever it’s used, if I’ve just had a higher level version of it drop.

I would say if they are struggling with data and memory space then they cannot be running a game that introduces more and more new things. It would all fall apart. So that is not the issue here.

Way back near the beginning of EA, it was said that inventory was capped low to encourage us to get used to the salvaging mechanic.

1 Like

And new seasonal gear constantly introduced.

I could use 2x or 3x the gesr space just to be a manageable amount

1 Like

@Jeto @Kafka
Good afternoon,
With the inventory rework still a work in progress, and new gear items being added, can we please have some additional inventory space, as a temporary measure (say to collect the new gear from the new season)
Please
:pray: :pray:t2: :pray:t3: :pray:t4: :pray:t5: :pray:t6: (That’s all the prays!)

7 Likes

So how do I keep the new gear introduced this season or should I just scrap most of it like I did for the last season?

2 Likes

Hey!

Just cross posting

1 Like

A new season comes. What about a little increase again?
We certainly will use Northelm’s new abilty, but until then… We are in the process of reconstructing gear sets to suit the new playstyle, trying new combos, and not everyone has Northelm at level 50 already.

3 Likes