Server Push (Slight Changes)

But why? If the idea is unfounded or unrealistic and yet is substantive enough to merit a response, that’s what community managers are for. The even get paid to do the job of responding to people! Furthermore, your default position is that the developer/publisher decision is fundamentally correct in their “proposals” (e.g. design decisions) while the alternative proposed by the player is unrealistic or is dismissible as unproductive. Perhaps we need more player voices, regardless of whether the ideas are tenable, and less publisher surrogacy.

Hopefully the core cornerstone of the developer’s business model is to make a game that is actually playable by players that through its engagement entices players to make purchases and turn a profit. A failure of many business models is focusing too often on the potential revenue streams and forgetting that the revenue stream is actually dependent on a viable product.

“That subject” I assume you are referring to is ideas from players that you think run counter to the profit motive of the publisher. You can always just not comment if you have nothing better to offer than publisher promotion masquerading as devil’s advocacy. But let’s consider what you took time to address before:

Well I guess a publisher was asleep at the wheel because the developer did make a change to allow you to salvage one chest to replace with the preferred chest. They even offered up another chest slot. Good thing players offered feedback!

Let’s do another:

Although the timers have not expected to change, the developer has acknowledged the underwhelming contents of Diamond chests and has suggested that the contents will be improved. Feedback makes a difference!

My point in this reply is to point out that despite your repeated responses of what is not possible or the fact that something that exists currently in the game is immutable and we just have to accept it, time and again changes are made favorably based on player feedback. Playing devil’s advocate is fine; constantly suggesting that anything players propose are defacto impossible and is just tedious.

2 Likes